The NDakter Combination Bike Cable Lock keeps your bike secure overnight or while you are exploring on foot. Where I live in Toronto 3,100 bicycles were reported stolen last year (and many go unreported) so you need a bike lock of some type.
When Bicycle Touring
- I generally go to bicycle friendly hotels or B & B which have or can provide a safe area for my bicycle overnight. In Europe, along the major bike routes such as the Danube, ALL the bike hotels all have rooms just for this purpose. I still lock my bike but only others who are bicycle touring have access.
- When camping I lock my bike around a tree and cover it with some light plastic.
- When cycle touring I am always in a group of 2 to 6 friends so we lock our bikes together.
- During the day when we stop for lunch, some sightseeing or to go into a store we have found a lock such as this to be sufficient as we are generally in smaller towns.
- At major attractions or busy areas we have someone guard the bikes in shifts.
- In cities we mostly just walk or use local transit and leave the bikes at our secure overnight accommodation.
What is good about this bicycle lock
Combination lock – you do not need to worry about losing a key when you are a long way from home. You can easily change the 5 numbers to something you can remember.
Solid Construction – made of high strength braided steel wire, which can withstand 2.4KN tension and 7KN shear force, more strength and flexibility. And the protective vinyl coating(PVC) helps prevent scratching more durable wear.
Mounting – this lock comes with a bracket so you don’t need to wrap the lock around your seat post stem like I do. And the quick installation button makes it install or remove the lock conveniently.
Size – I want to keep my weigh low when bicycle touring which is why I use a cable lock. This particular cable is four feet long and you can easily lock 2 or 3 bikes together.
Other uses – can also be used for motorcycles, scooters, skateboards, grills, ladders, doors, lawnmowers and many others.
NDakter Combination Bike Lock Features
- Covered, flexible coiled cables
- Integrated five-digit, easy-set combination lock
- Bracket included
- Self coiling design make it easy to carry
- Quick installation button so you can install or remove the lock conveniently
- Four feet long
What customers say about this bike lock
Customers feel this is very strong cable that would be very difficult to break. Several mentioned they have lost keys in the past which is one reason they prefer a combination lock.
Many loved the large numbers, and the raised row to make it super easy to use and that the 5 digits make for endless combinations. Most felt excellent quality for the price.
To check out our other bike accessories, click here. The Avenir Coil Combo Cable Lock provides an easy and secure method to safeguard your bicycle when not in use.
This post may contain affiliate links for which I could earn a commission. This does not change the price you would pay.